So, I’m trying really hard right now to work on being. I’m a very doing person and I know that I could do with some being as well, some gaps between doing, some time to process, some time to get strong. But today many people I care about (and many I don’t know at all) are sad and fearful.
I don’t want to BE sad and fearful*, I want to DO. I want to create value. I want to make change.
I made a list, it’s very eclectic and it’s just the first ten things that occurred to me this morning. I’ve done some of them already today, I’ll do some more later (& I’ll try to do some being in between!) and I look forward to other people’s lists so I can choose some of their Good Things To Do too.
- getting on and staying strong – next Friday evening 27th Jan, splendid LGBTQ lit-ness, Polari Salon, if you’re in London we would love to see you there.
- support this brilliant action by British East Asian actors & friends.
- look forward to this in November – Diva Literary Festival
- THIS PUSSY
- join one of the Women’s Marches on Saturday 21st – many marches, many places, MANY people – here’s WE’s Sophie Walker explaining why WE are marching
- be kind to a neighbour, say thank you to the bus driver, pick up some litter (seriously!), smile on the tube/train
- applaud this and do more things like this
- sing. get some sunshine on your face. smile at a stranger.
- donate (time, money, both) to a homeless shelter, food bank, women’s refuge, refugee action, migrant support
- make your own list. share it. do things on your list and the lists other people share. DEEDS NOT WORDS.
and if you want a t-shirt that spells it out for you, check out my brilliant niece’s site here.
*why yes, I do know that sometimes being sad & fearful is of value – feeling the feelings is of value, letting them be. Today though, today especially, I’m going with DOING, because I’m in a relatively safe, relatively protected life – and way too many others are not.
Reblogged this on Amie Taylor.
Ah, I love this. I was thinking of blogging later on today, so will include my own list! x x x